Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Amazing & Simple Crafty Girl Project Featuring Stampin' Up!

Our friend and Crafty Girl Irene had this great post on her blog yesterday featuring one of the stamp sets that she got a couple of weeks ago when she hosted her very own Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration workshop!  When we first saw the Have a Seat set in the catalog, we thought, "are they serious?!" (some of you can probably relate), but then we see someone like Irene do something so simple and clever with it!  Seriously, when she ordered it, we were thinking, "REALLY?!?!", even after she told us that she thought it would be good for housewarming or neighbor gifts.  This is what it's all about though, bringing this stuff to life, and we certainly appreciate how she brought this stamp set to life and wanted to share it with you here.  Please check out her blog, she is so talented and creative (and energetic, because it appears that she never sleeps!)!  Here is her post:

Do you ever have an idea that seems too simple so you kinda blow off the idea, but the idea keeps coming back in your head? If not, it could just be my OCD acting up! Anyway, I have had an idea in my head for a week now and tonight I put it together.
The idea came when I picked up this stamp set from Stampin Up called "Have a Seat".
There was something about the bench stamp that just made me smile. How weird is that? A bench making me smile! 
I had a trio-frame set that I was not using. And I knew that I wanted to incorporate the stripe ribbon. 
On a piece of cream card stock I printed a saying that I really like from Sherry Dew..."If life were easy, it wouldn't be so hard." 
I then stamped the bench on the card stock. I cut the card stock to size and put it in the frame. Added the ribbon, and done. 5 minutes done
I think it is sweet. And you know what is funny? The bench and the saying have nothing to do with one another, but I love how it looks together! 
A nice little addition to my mantel.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU SCOT AND KIRA! You two are the best! I appreciate the feature. I had a great time with this little project and look forward to ordering more stamps for fun projects!

    ReplyDelete

Snowflake Wishes Thank You Card

Everyone needs to say "thank you" during the holiday season. The Snowflake Wishes bundle makes it easy! The die-cut image creates ...